Emergency Preparedness Security Checklist
- Develop/Update your Emergency Response Plan (ERP) based on your source water assessment.
- Maintain “as-built” construction and distribution system drawings.
- Document inspections of critically vulnerable facilities.
- Post-up-to-date 24-hour emergency numbers.
- Establish a communications plan with the police.
- Lock, screen, fence, and secure all key facilities, pipes, and wells.
- Install lighting around key facilities and parking areas.
- Identify alternative emergency supplies and equipment.
- Establish mutual aid agreements with neighboring communities.
- Dial “911” in an emergency and follow your ERP procedures.