Security, Resiliency & Emergency Response Planning Resources
November 5, 2020 By Freilla Espinola
- RCAP & AWWA’s Small Systems Risk and Resilience Assessment Worksheet
The information in the worksheet addresses the basic elements of a risk and resilience assessment for small systems to comply with America’s Water Infrastructure Act of 2018.
- RCAP & AWWA’s Small Systems Field Assessment Checklist
Field Assessment Checklist for Small System Critical Assets.
- RCAP & AWWA’s AWIA Small Systems Certificate Program
Free online training for small systems to create or update risk and resiliency assessments and emergency response plans which meet the requirements of America’s Water Infrastructure Act of 2018.
- RCAP Emergency Response Planning Guide for Public Drinking Water Systems
A document to help create an emergency response plan for a water system serving 3,300 population or fewer.
- RCAP Emergency Response Planning Template for Public Drinking Water Systems
A planning template to design an emergency response plan.
- Preparing Your Wastewater System for Disasters and Emergencies
This video for boards and staff identifies some ways that systems should prepare themselves for disasters and emergencies, whether they originate inside or outside the system.
- Security & Emergency Response Planning Toolbox
Emergency Response Planning Template for Public Drinking Water Systems.
- 10 Ways to Prepare for a Drought-Related Water Shortage
This website highlights 10 tips to prepare for a drought-related water shortage.
- CEO Nathan Ohle on RCAP’s Disaster Work
This video features RCAP CEO Nathan Ohle on RCAP’s disaster work.
- GLCAP: Planning for Pandemics Toolkit
Free downloads of pandemic tools and resources.
- EPA: Drinking Water and Wastewater Resilience
This site includes resources on drinking water and wastewater resilience.
- EPA: VSAT 2.0
VSAT is a free tool for assessing risk and resilience at drinking water and wastewater systems. It can be used to estimate risks from malevolent threats and natural hazards and to evaluate improvements for increased security and resilience.
- EPA: Incident Action Checklists
14 checklists for water utilities to help with emergency preparedness, response, and recovery actions for a range of natural disasters and malevolent acts.
- EPA: Small System Risk and Resilience Assessment Checklist
This guidance will help small CWSs meet the requirements for risk and resilience assessments in AWIA.
- EPA: Develop or Update a Drinking Water Utility Emergency Response Plan
This template and instructions will assist water utilities with developing an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) in accordance with America’s Water Infrastructure Act of 2018 (AWIA) Section 2013(b).
- National Rural Water Association: Disaster Response
This training has focused on all aspects of emergency preparedness, from planning and management, to loading and unloading heavy equipment, to connecting emergency generators.
- AWWA: Resources on Cybersecurity
These resources provide the water sector with a voluntary, sector-specific approach for implementing applicable cybersecurity controls and recommendation.
- Water ISAC: 15 Cybersecurity Fundamentals for Water and Wastewater Utilities
This completely updated guide contains dozens of best practices, grouped into 15 main categories, that water and wastewater systems can implement to reduce security risks to their IT and OT systems.