- Big Guide for Small Systems
A comprehensive desk reference that is ideal as an orientation and background for new members on a utility’s board of directors. Designed for members of the board of a drinking water and/or wastewater system in a small community.
- Big Guide for Small Systems (Spanish Version)
- A Drop of Knowledge: The Non-operator’s Guide to Drinking Water Systems
This guide to the operations of drinking water systems for non-technical audiences is designed to explain a typical small-community water system.
- Board Building Blocks
This eBulletin touchs on the general responsibilities for water system boards, tips on how best to run meetings and the water system and a few resources available to assist board members.
- Four New eLearning Modules in our RCAP Learning Management System (LMS)
These training tools complement the newly updated RCAP guidance manuals (2021): “Formulate Great Rates” guide and “The Big Guide for Small Systems.”
- Supplying Community Water
This video talks about what being on a governing body involves.
- The Importance of an Operator in a Community’s Water Systems
This video was produced to help leaders and decision-makers of systems understand what they need in an operator and what an operator does on a daily basis. It can help leaders understand how to support and equip operators with the skills and financial resources to do their job and help the operator keep the community’s system running well.
- Working Effectively with Your Utility Board: Practical Advice from the Field (1 Hour Webinar)
This webinar will identify practical tips to improve the relationship between the board and the staff, which will lead to better long-term outcomes for the utility. The material in this webinar is best suited for individuals who operate, manage, or own drinking water systems.