On the radio on Thursday (June 30): Talk about water and wastewater operations professions
Residents of Boulder and Denver, Colo., can tune in to KGNU 88.5 FM or 1390 AM on Thursday, June 30 at 9:00 a.m. Mountain time for a 30-minute segment related to water and wastewater certification. Residents of other parts of the country can listen in live at www.kgnu.org.
Topics slated for discussion are:
- Brief introduction of water and wastewater certification
- Critical role of professional certified operators in communities
- Overview of the field of water and wastewater treatment plant operations, with emphasis on protection of public health and the environment
- Training, experience, and testing involved to become a certified operations professional
- Statistics on workforce issues, including upcoming shortage, opportunities
- Listing of resources for training and additional information
Speakers will include Lori Moore of the Colorado Department of Public Health and the Environment, Joe Cowan of the City of Boulder, and Joy Barrett of RCAP.
Unable to tune in on Thursday? Visit www.kgnu.org to listen to an archived version of the program.